This library is an extended from the Codeigniter library by adding the below features.
Added validation methods that are not available in Codeigniter form validation library.
Some of the methods are overwritten to solve some issues with repopulating the form fields
with the Codeigniter form validation library.
valid_name Allows to validate a name field. The letters that are used in name are validated.
- valid_text Allows the plain text that can be entered in a text area. HTML tags are not allowed.
- valid_richtext Allows rich text user input. Used in PWG generated rich text editor.
- edit_unique Unique key validation while editing a field. Codeigniter's is_unique can be used while
inserting a record and cannot be used while updating the record.
- valid_date Validate if the date is valid. Cosidered format is dd/mm/yyyy.
- valid_url Validate if the value is a valid URL.
- set_value This overwritten methods allows re-populating input box even if there is no validation on it.
- set_select This overwritten methods allows re-populating select field even if there is no validation on it.
- set_checkbox This overwritten methods allows re-populating check box field even if there is no validation on it